Sauna

The Benefits of Infrared Sauna Therapy

Pain Relief
Deep heat helps blood vessels dilate, bringing relief and healing to muscle and soft tissue injuries. Stiffness and soreness that comes with aging can be reduced or eliminated.

Weight Loss
You can burn 200-600 calories in just one 30 minute session. Lose weight — not just water.

Detoxification
Take the detoxifying load off your liver and kidneys by the direct elimination of toxins through the skin.

Athletic Performance
Top athletes are using infrared saunas to warm their muscles before and after work-outs to prevent injuries and promote relaxation.

Reduce Cellulite
Infrared saunas help to clear the gel-like lumps of fat, water and debris trapped in pockets beneath the skin.

Beat the Blues
30 minutes in an infrared sauna can alleviate Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and help beat the winter blues.

Purify Skin
The profuse sweating achieved in an infrared sauna helps to eliminate imbedded impurities and dead skin cells, leaving the skin glowing and deeply clean.

 

What is Far Infrared and How Does it Work?

The far-infrared segment of the electromagnetic spectrum occurs just below, or “infra” to red light as the next lowest energy band. This band of light is not visible to human eyes but we perceive this type of light as heat.

 

Hot Air Saunas Compared to Infrared Saunas

A hot air sauna relies only on indirect means of heat: first, on convection (air currents) and then conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin). In an infrared sauna, less than 20% of the energy heats the air, leaving over 80% available to be directly converted to heat within our bodies.

Infrared energy may induce up to 2 to 3 times the sweat volume of a hot air sauna. The air temperature is typically between 115 and 140 ºF compared to 180 to 235 ºF in a hot air sauna. As well as being more comfortable, This lower heat is also safer for those concerned about cardiovascular risk factors that may be encountered in hot air saunas.

Click here for more Sauna information

For pricing information click here