As your body goes through dramatic changes, massage can help to alleviate the discomforts that may arise during your pregnancy.
- Relieves muscle tension and pain in the hips, back and neck
- Improves circulation to help reduce swelling
- Helps to decrease headaches and muscle cramps
- Alleviates joint pain
The Body Cushion System® allows women to lie face down and be fully supported through the first 18-22 weeks, and safely and comfortably on their side for the the remainder of their pregnancy.
We focus on meeting the therapeutic needs of the woman as she goes through the physical and emotional changes related to pregnancy.
We work with you to:
- Relieve stress and promote relaxation
- Provide emotional support and nurturing touch
- Teach relaxation, breathing, and visualisation; techniques that are essential during labour and birth.
Massage therapy enhances the function of muscles and joints and improves circulation and general body tone to decrease and treat the aches and pains of pregnancy.
While all therapists have the appropriate training to work with women in all stages of pregnancy, 3 of the therapists, Mary Phalen, Christine Bell and Jennifer White have completed advanced courses in Prenatal Massage. Both Mary Phalen and Christine Bell are also trained as Doulas to assist and support women before, during and after the birth of their child.